musings and updates on our little girl and boy!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Pink
A wise woman (Penelope's Aunt Mandy) once told me that when having a daughter you should embrace the Pink. Mandy has a daughter of her own, Penelope's cousin Ally, so she definitely has some experience in this arena. Mandy said this in part because while I was pregnant with Penelope I was nervous about being overwhelmed with pink everything (baby clothes, shower decorations, etc..) - I don't really consider myself a "girlie girl" and don't really see ourselves raising Penelope as such (although I am also well aware that we don't control this and that by saying this out loud she is most likely to become a Disney-Princess-In-Training). Anyway, I am here to announce that apparently I have embraced the pink and didn't even realize it. On two occasions I have come to pick up Penelope at daycare and heard the caregivers in her room call her "Pink," which I can only conclude is because she wears so much pink clothing! Oh well, so much for pretending little girls shouldn't be dressed in pink as much as possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i finally made it -- jes your blog is great! your penelope is definitely "pretty in pink"! what a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete