I feel like it has been awhile since I have documented some of Penelope's newest tricks. I am sure I will forget some, but I will do my best. Let's see, she can sing a number of songs. The newest are "If You're Happy & You Know It," "Five Little Monkeys," and "Five Little Ducks"
She also likes to help put away groceries, play cook in her play kitchen, do puzzles, play with Mrs. Potato head, and use big sentences that involve about five words. She can also maneuver her way in to and out of her car seat, except of course for the whole buckling thing, which I think we can all acknowledge is for the best. But her most frequent request is for someone to build a wall of blocks "around the Penelope." Since she usually doesn't do the work herself, but instead suckers others into doing it for her, I guess I would categorize this as one of her burgeoning management skills.
A very new development is that she will sometimes read to others. For example, she knows some of the words to "Madeline" - she knows it starts "In an old house in Paris, that is covered in vines..." and she knows that in two straight lines the girls "brushed their teeth and went to bed;" and of course she knows what Madeline says to the tiger in the zoo (for those of you not in the know, the answer is "pooh, pooh").
Overall, she amazes us pretty much every day with some new trick. It is hard to remember what life was like before she could communicate with us so well. Lucky for us, her baby brother, who should be joining us very soon, will be a jolting reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment